Yes, we are doing YC SBHC! We will start seeing
patients the week of January 29 at:
120 N Larch Pl.
Yamhill, OR 97148
Why a School Based Health Center?
Healthy kids learn better. School-Based Health Centers (SBHCs) ensure that kids can get the care they need, without missing much class time. SBHCs are part of the safety net clinic network that serves our children to help ensure they get into care, and we at Sunrise Family Clinic believe in the importance of children getting the care they need.
We recognize that SBHCs are a unique health care model for comprehensive physical, mental and preventive health services provided to youth and adolescents on school property. With easy access to health care in a school setting, SBHCs reduce barriers such as cost, transportation, and concerns that often keep children and youth from seeking the health services they need. YC SBHC provides a full range of physical, mental and preventative health services to all students, regardless of their ability to pay** (**from Oregon SBHC website).
Are you accepting new patients at YC SBHC?
The short answer is some. We accept:
- Children under 19 and living in the Yamhill Carlton school district regardless of insurance (you can apply for a hardship if no insurance or an insurance such as Kaiser that we are unable to accept, but we will not refuse to see you based on inability to pay)
- Students and staff members at YC
- Current, already established patients at YC SBHC
- If we have openings and you have an insurance that we accept
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accept new adult patients with Oregon Health Plan or Medicare at this time as our NPs' panels are full (our percentage of patients with these insurances are already much higher than most private offices). Additionally, our office policy prevents treatment for chronic pain management with narcotics or other scheduled substances.
What happens if I am a patient at YC SBHC and it is not a school day and/or not a day the SBHC is open?
As a SBHC patient, you are also a Sunrise Family Clinic patient, so can be seen at the main office, assuming there are appointments available (we encourage you to call early, before all our same day appointments are filled). You can also always call the main office or go on your patient portal to schedule appointments, cancel appointments, etc.
Speaking of appointments, do you accept walk ins?
Again, it depends. During SBHC hours, we always accept YC student walk in appointments. If you are a community member, we strongly encourage you to call. If we have appointments available, we will try to get you in, but students are our priority.
What is a nurse practitioner?
We love nurse practitioners and prefer to see them! Why? They are clinical experts who practice independently, sharing many of the same job functions as medical doctors, physician assistants, and naturopaths in that they diagnose and treat acute and chronic health conditions, but they usually have an added, patient focused emphasis on holistic care and disease prevention.
For more information, check out our Nurse Practitioners page.
YC SBHC Hours (school days only):
Providing excellent and caring health care in partnership with patients and families!
Sunrise Family Clinic 320 SE Baker St., McMinnville, OR 97128